OnForm: video analysis application
OnForm is a coaching platform with state-of-the-art video analysis tools. It allows coaches to give video feedback on their athletes’ training thanks to slow motion, video markup, and voice-over recordings.
OnForm is a US-based early-stage startup. The concept of their app is truly unique: it allows smooth online communication between coaches and athletes by handling all stages of the process from capturing and sharing videos to giving feedback. Initially, the founder of OnForm was planning to develop two mobile applications (iOS and Android) himself. However, as development progressed, he realized it will be more beneficial for the startup if he focuses on the CTO duties instead. So, he decided to outsource Android application software development to NerdzLab. Our remote employees helped the client build the cutting-edge video analysis application on a tight schedule. We had to create a custom video player with built-in video analysis tools and optimize video quality and size. Another challenge was to develop an advanced messaging functionality that allowed sending various files, including photos and videos.
- Transferred the entire backend to Firebase, making features like cloud synchronization and multifunctional chats possible.
- Created a custom video player with built-in video analysis tools, including frame-by-frame playback, slow-motion, side-by-side comparisons, drawing markup, and voice-overs for efficient feedback.
- Optimized large, high-quality videos.
- The app can work offline as users often train at locations with a weak internet connection.
- 01OnForm became the world’s first coaching platform with private and group chat messaging that makes the online coaching process seamless, just like in real life.
- 02The platform was designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, supporting the real-life relationships between coaches and athletes.
- 03OnForm creates various opportunities for feedback: by using the voice-over along with the slow-motion and markup functions, coaches can highlight and comment on mistakes, increasing athletes’ productivity and skills.
- 04Users can store videos in unlimited cloud storage, free from the hassle of organizing files and managing space on their devices.